It is the Policy of TEi Ltd, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that the responsibilities for health and safety are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels of the company, and that all practicable steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all employees and others who may be affected by TEi’s operations and activities.
TEi Limited is engaged in the business of design, manufacture, installation and repair of steam generating plant, process plant, piping and ancillary equipment. The Directors of TEi regard the promotion of health and safety measures and appropriate programmes to maintain a healthy environment as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
Therefore TEi’s policy is to do all that is reasonable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect staff and the general public from foreseeable work hazards.
It is the intention of the company, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health.
- Arrangements for use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
- Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work detailing the conditions and precautions necessary to ensure that when properly used they will be safe and without risks to health.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- The working environment is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for everyone’s welfare at work.
- The Health and Safety Policy is appraised and updated as and when necessary. All employees will be informed of any changes.
It shall be the duty of every employee at work:
- To take reasonable steps for the health and safety of himself and of other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions at work.
- As regards any duty or requirement imposed on his employer (or any other person) by or under any relevant statutory duty, co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable that duty or requirement to be carried out.
Ei Ltd. operates a health and safety management system in accordance with the requirements of OHSAS18001. This system will be used to ensure that health and safety management is given the attention and resources that it deserves. Health and safety is viewed as a core business value within TEi Ltd.
The Company is committed to complying with legislative requirements and industry requirements as a minimum standard. We will use our health and safety management system to continually improve our health and safety effort and to strive for zero accidents.
This system will be continually reviewed and updated.
An executive safety committee will review and oversee safety policy of the various parties of the company. An annual review procedure, monitored at Board Level, will ensure that the general procedures and policies herein are implemented and maintained.