TEi Limited is engaged in the business of design, manufacture, installation and repair of steam generating plant, process plant, piping and a wide range of ancillary equipment and as such recognises and accepts that concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of the company’s corporate business strategy.
The company will seek actively to reduce its impact on the environment to the lowest practicable minimum, by recognising its responsibilities through a proactive policy on safety at the workplace, control of pollution and care for the local environment. Any threat of pollution from its activities and procedures will be identified and either eliminated or effectively controlled. The company shall endeavour to work towards the following objectives:
- Comply with applicable environmental legislation, regulation and with other requirements to which the company subscribes which relate to any environmental aspects;
- Provide for the communication of the environmental policy to all employees and sub-contractors and externally to all interested parties, on request.
- Provide for the setting and achievement of environmental objectives and targets for the Company, and secondly for the publication of the environmental objectives and targets by the posting of the document in the Company.
- Maintain efforts to achieve continual improvement in the environmental performance of the Company, the starting point is to comply fully with the requirements of ISO14001:2004.
- Incorporate appropriate training and instruction, in relation to environmental management and responsibilities, into the company’s in-house training programmes.
- Ensure plant and systems of work are designed and maintained to the highest possible standard in order to minimise incidents and unforeseen occurrences. The company will endeavour to work closely with the relevant statutory bodies to meet all applicable legislation and improve operating procedures.
- Foster openness, dialogue and discussion with employees, customers, suppliers, contractors and all interested parties regarding the environmental performance and objectives of the Company.
- Measure environmental performance by conducting regular environmental audits and assessments of compliance with the environmental policy, relevant environmental legislation and requirements of the company.
- This policy shall be communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of the company.