TEi maintain a close awareness of future developments throughout the whole of its industry sectors enabling the company to provide welding solutions as new alloys or processes are developed.
Using the on-site training school and working closely with the metallurgical laboratory the company’s welding engineers are able to develop and fast-track welding procedures to suit project requirements or to cater for specialist applications.
TEi’s technical support staff are able to advise and provide practical welding solutions to most repair situations within its industry sectors. The risks are assessed and method statements provided together with welding guidelines to meet with the applicable code requirements. TEi have the welding expertise on-hand and can provide qualified welders to cater for most situations.
TEi have established a pre-qualified welding procedure library to suit most welding requirements that arise and for virtually all the alloy and alloy combinations that are found in the industrial, generation and petrochemical industries. Most are dual certified to ASME IX and BS EN 15614-1 and EN288-3 for immediate use and include:
- Carbon and carbon manganese steels
- Low alloy creep resisting steel family
- Austenitic and ferritic stainless steels
- Martensitic, duplex and superduplex stainless steels
- High temperature alloys
- Nickel alloys
- Cast iron, hardfacing, disimilar welding and other repair and maintenance areas
TEi’s welders undergo training and testing to cater for TEi’s core business areas and are able to weld using the following processes.
- GTAW - tungsten inert gas welding
- MMAW - manual metallic arc welding
- SAW - submerged arc welding
- OFW - oxyfuel gas welding
- GMAW - gas metal arc welding (MIG/MAG)
- FCAW - flux core arc welding
Welders are dual certified to ASME IX and BS EN 287-1
- Orbital TIG
- Electroslag welding and conguide welding
- Inconel overlay (MIG overlay repair and maintenance)
- Temperbead welding
To get it right first time our welders are trained in-house for specialised welding requirements prior to job start.