Engineering, Repair & Maintenance
TEi has extensive experience in plant repair and manufacture in the energy, process and manufacturing industries:
- Maintenance agreements on a term or call-out basis
- Management of other associated trades
- Key spares purchasing and stockholding
Overhauls & Shutdowns:
TEi has, through many years, built up a reputation for the successful completion of overhaul and shutdown work on energy and process plants:
- Active partnering with clients to achieve minimum downtime and achieve key dates
- Detailed pre-shutdown planning
- Management of own direct labour and sub-contractors
TEi has carried out major outages for International and domestic Clients such as BP (Hull), Esso (Southampton), Sita, RWE, Scottish & Southern, Texaco, ConocoPhillips, BASF, Alcan Smelting, EPR, Drax (Ferrybridge) and WRG.
Staff and Labour :
The unique strength of TEi comes from the enthusiasm, dedication and commitment of all employees, many who have continuous employment for over 20 years.
TEi managers, engineers, supervision and direct labour are a well trained group who have a wealth of specialist knowledge, gained by experience and continuous training.
We provide a 24 hour response to many of our clients to cover all unplanned outages using our highly skilled emergency repair team.
BURNING BIO-FUELS AT FERRYBRIDGE - CASE STUDY
The contract, included detailed mechanical design, supply, installation and fabrication of the following:
- 6 TPS BioSwirl™ wood firing burners per boiler
- Primary air fans and ductwork
- Secondary air fans and ductwork
- Transport air blowers & fuel transport systems
- FGR and ductwork from stacks
TEi BIOSWIRL SYSTEM
The TPS BioSwirl™ system of each boiler is designed to generate 150MW thermal.
This is approx 10% of the output of each boiler-using wood and other biofuels.
The advantages of the TPS BioSwirl™ cyclone burner are:
- High volumetric burner power load
- Compact and sturdy
- Scaleable with minimum de-rating
- Low CO and NOx emissions
- Wide control range 5:1 to 10:1
- Particle size not critical
- Cost effective
CONTROL OF BIOSWIRL
The BioSwirl™ system is controlled as follows:
- Fuel flow is controlled directly by power demand
- Cyclone burner conditions are controlled by temperature, which in turn is controlled by primary/secondary air ratio
- Final excess air is controlled by the amount of secondary air
Maximised production and optimal burn-out is therefore continuously ensured.
The system can also be designed to be directly controlled and monitored through on-site and remote monitoring via a web browser. Alarm handling can be set up to notify relevant parties via SMS / text messages.